Holiday Shipping from China: 2017 Q4 Shipping Deadline is FAST Approaching!
FBA Sellers who have shipped to Amazon know that they are very strict when it comes to receiving your freight. They have a list of very specific requirements that must be followed when putting together your shipment. They also require that all freight forwarders login through a special portal and schedule the delivery time. And while your freight forwarder should know all of this, in the event that they don’t (which means you didn’t ask them if they had experience delivering to Amazon warehouses) you can send them the complete User Manual for Carriers that explains all of the requirements.
Keep in mind that these strict policies for delivery can cause major delays during the Holiday rush of your shipment is not properly prepared. Even during non-peak times, Amazon can delay appointments up to 2 weeks and there isn’t anything you can do about it! Make sure to plan for this when considering your Q4 shipping plan, as failure to pad your timeline for this could mean that you miss the holiday deadline! How bad would this be? Your goods wouldn’t be able to be delivered until AFTER the holidays!
Hopefully, this post provided an overview of how chaotic Q4 shipping can be, and how you can plan ahead to ensure success. The 2017 holiday shipping deadlines can be managed by solid planning and a proven partner. Guided Imports ships thousands of cartons during the Q4 rush, and if you want to ensure a place at the table, it would be helpful to book your shipments as far in advance as you can! We will handle ALL of the shipping and customs details to make sure your all-important Q4 shipment gets to Amazon on time and with no delays!
- Click the Services tab on top of the website
- Click Shipping on the drop-down menu that appears
- Once on the page, click Contact us for a Quote
- Fill out as much information as you can about your shipment
- We will contact you if we need additional info
- In MODE: you can choose whichever you prefer, but we will get multiple quotes for you on multiple modes of transport if you’d like. For example, if you’re unsure if you want sea freight or air freight, just type in a note to us to choose for you.
- Make sure to specify an Incoterm (FOB or EXW). This is usually negotiated when you get a quote from your supplier.
- Check the radio button if you have an EIN (Employer ID Number) as we will need it for the Customs process. If you don’t have an EIN, don’t worry, our team will reach out to you and find a solution.
- And that’s it! Hit SEND! One of our rockstar Guided Imports shipping specialists will contact you to gather more info, or to deliver the quotes!
Remember: Failing to plan, is planning to fail! Especially when it comes to Q4 shipping!